Continental AG, commonly known as Continental, is a leading German automotive manufacturing company specializing in various automotive components, including tires. Founded in 1871, it has grown to become one of the largest and most reputable tire manufacturers globally. They offer a wide range of tires for passenger cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, bicycles, and industrial vehicles.
Continental’s tires are known for their high-quality construction, innovative technologies, and excellent performance across different road conditions. The company has a strong presence in the automotive industry and supplies tires to many car manufacturers as original equipment.
Apart from tires, Continental is also involved in the production of various automotive systems, components, and electronics, such as brake systems, powertrain components, automotive safety systems, and other advanced driver assistance systems.
As a well-established and respected brand in the tire industry, Continental has maintained its reputation for producing reliable and durable tires that cater to the needs of various drivers and vehicles worldwide.
Continental operates through several business divisions, including:
- Chassis & Safety: This division focuses on safety systems, driver assistance technologies, and chassis components.
- Powertrain: The Powertrain division deals with engine systems, fuel supply, exhaust and emissions solutions, and other powertrain-related components.
- Interior: This division is responsible for interior electronics, infotainment systems, instrument clusters, and other interior components.
- Tires: Continental’s Tire division manufactures and distributes tires for various vehicles, from passenger cars to commercial trucks and industrial vehicles.
- ContiTech: ContiTech is a division that produces rubber and plastic products for industrial applications, such as conveyor belts, hoses, and air springs.
It competes with Michelin, Bridgestone, Goodyear, Pirelli, Yokohama, Hankook, Toyo, Cooper, Falken and Nokian.
For details, do any of the following: