The Philippine National ID is an identification system that aims to unify all government provided ID in a single system that you can use to transact and avail the services provided by the Philippine Government as part of Philippine Identification System Act (Republic Act No. 11055).
Before applying for a Philippine National ID, prepare the following:
- Birth Certificate issued by the PSA (formerly known as NSO Birth Certificate)
- A government issued ID which contains a photo and name of the applicant such as a Philippine Passport, OFW ID Card, or Unified Multi-Purpose ID
To register for the Philippine National ID, do any of the following:
- Go to the nearest Registration Center for Philippine National ID. The registration centers are the following:
- PSA Regional and Provincial Offices
- Local Civil Registry Offices
- Government Service Insurance System (GSIS)
- Social Security System (SSS)
- Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PHIC) / PhilHealth
- Home Development Mutual Fund (HDMF) / Pag-Ibig
- Commission on Election (COMELEC)
- Philippine Postal Corporation (POST OFFICE)
- Philippine Embassy – FOR OFW ONLY
- Philippine Foreign Service Post – FOR OFW ONLY
- (Tagum City Only) Tagum City Hall
- (Tagum City Only) City Mall – Tagum
- (Tagum City Only) Robinsons Place Tagum
- Provide your information and requirements. A fingerprint or iris scan might be required.
- Wait for the PSN (PhilSYS Number) to be created.
- Wait for the Philippine National ID.