ASICS is a globally recognized brand that specializes in athletic footwear, apparel, and accessories. Here’s some information about ASICS:
- History: ASICS, an acronym for “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano,” which means “a sound mind in a sound body” in Latin, was founded in 1949 in Kobe, Japan. The company initially focused on manufacturing basketball shoes and has since expanded its product range to various sports and activities.
- Core Sports and Activities: ASICS caters to a wide range of sports and activities, including running, training, tennis, volleyball, soccer, and more. The brand is particularly renowned for its running shoes and is often associated with long-distance running.
- Performance and Technology: ASICS places a strong emphasis on performance and technology in its footwear and apparel. The brand utilizes various technologies, such as GEL cushioning systems, FlyteFoam midsoles, and Impact Guidance System (IGS), to provide cushioning, stability, and support for athletes.
- Research and Development: The company invests in research and development to improve athletic performance and enhance the overall experience of athletes. The brand collaborates with scientists, coaches, and athletes to develop cutting-edge technologies and designs.
- Sponsorships and Partnerships: ASICS has sponsored and partnered with a range of athletes, teams, and events globally. The brand has supported prominent athletes in different sports, including runners like Deena Kastor and Yuki Kawauchi, as well as tennis players like Novak Djokovic. The company has also been involved in partnerships with major sporting events, such as the New York City Marathon.
- Sustainability Efforts: ASICS has made sustainability a priority by implementing environmentally friendly practices. The brand focuses on reducing its carbon footprint, promoting recycling, and using sustainable materials in its products.
For details, do any of the following: