A basketball court is a recreational area specifically designed for playing the sport of basketball. They typically consist of a flat playing surface, marked with boundary lines and divided into two halves by a midcourt line. The court features a hoop and backboard on each end, where players attempt to score points by shooting the basketball through the opposing team’s hoop.
It can be found in various locations, including:
- Public Parks: Many parks have basketball courts that are open for public use. These are often free or require a small fee for usage.
- Community Centers: Some community centers or sports complexes have basketball courts available for use by community members. These facilities may have designated hours or require reservations.
- Schools and Universities: Educational institutions typically have basketball courts as part of their sports facilities. While some courts may be restricted for school use, others may be open to the public during non-school hours.
- Sports Clubs and Gyms: Private sports clubs and fitness centers often have indoor or outdoor basketball courts available for their members.
The City of Tagum is home to many of these sports facilities, namely:
Local Government Unit (LGU)
- Barangay Mankilam
- Barangay San Miguel Gym
- Barangay Apokon
- Barangay La Filipina
- Barangay Visayan Village Basketball Court
- RDR Gym
- Rotary Club Basketball Court
- Robinsons Place Tagum
- Big 8 Corporate Hotel
- Purok Garcia Gym
- Purok RTU Gym
Rotary Basketball Court
For details, do any of the following: