The Municipality of Compostela is a local government unit located in the province of Davao de Oro in the Philippines. It is situated in the southeastern part of Mindanao and covers an area of land that includes urban and rural areas. Compostela serves as a vibrant community that offers various services, amenities, and opportunities for its residents.
Here are some key aspects of the Municipality of Compostela:
- Governance: The Municipality of Compostela is governed by a local government unit headed by a mayor and supported by local council members. They work together to implement policies, provide public services, and manage the affairs of the municipality.
- Population and Demographics: Compostela has a diverse population composed of individuals from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds. The municipality’s population engages in various economic activities, including agriculture, trade, services, and industry.
- Economy: Compostela’s economy is primarily driven by agriculture. The municipality is known for its abundant agricultural resources, particularly in the production of bananas, rice, coconut, and other crops. The local economy also benefits from trade, small businesses, and the services sector.
- Infrastructure and Services: Compostela provides essential infrastructure and services to its residents, including healthcare facilities, schools, public transportation, communication networks, and utilities such as electricity and water supply. The municipality continuously works towards improving and expanding its infrastructure to support the needs of the community.
- Cultural Heritage: Compostela has a rich cultural heritage deeply rooted in its history and traditions. The municipality celebrates cultural events, religious festivals, and other occasions that showcase its cultural diversity and pride.
- Tourism Potential: Compostela has tourism potential due to its natural attractions, historical sites, and cultural heritage. Visitors can explore scenic landscapes, waterfalls, caves, and engage in activities such as hiking, trekking, and eco-tourism.
- Community Development: The Municipality of Compostela is committed to community development and social welfare. It implements programs and initiatives that address education, health, livelihood, and social services to enhance the quality of life for its residents.
The Municipality of Compostela is dedicated to promoting the well-being of its residents, fostering economic growth, preserving its cultural heritage, and providing a conducive environment for both residents and visitors.
Compostela is composed of 16 barangays, namely:
- New Alegria
- San Jose
- San Miguel
Lema P. Bolo
Levi S. Ebdao
For details, do any of the following: