Kapalong is a municipality located in the province of Davao del Norte in the Philippines. Nestled in the lush and scenic landscapes of Mindanao, Kapalong offers a unique blend of natural beauty, cultural heritage, and warm community spirit.
Here are some highlights of Kapalong:
- Breathtaking Landscapes: Kapalong is renowned for its stunning natural landscapes. The municipality is blessed with rolling hills, verdant forests, and picturesque rivers. Visitors can enjoy the refreshing ambiance of the countryside, take in the panoramic views, and immerse themselves in the beauty of nature.
- Cultural Richness: Kapalong is home to several indigenous communities, including the Ata Manobo tribe. The municipality takes pride in its cultural heritage, and visitors have the opportunity to learn about the traditions, customs, and way of life of the indigenous peoples. The Ata Manobo’s vibrant traditions, colorful festivals, and unique handicrafts provide a glimpse into the rich cultural diversity of the region.
- Eco-Tourism and Outdoor Adventures: Kapalong offers a range of eco-tourism activities and outdoor adventures for nature enthusiasts. The municipality boasts captivating natural wonders, such as the Agongonan Falls, with its cascading waters and serene surroundings. Mount Pasian, a popular hiking destination, offers breathtaking views and opportunities for trekking and birdwatching. Visitors can also explore the biodiversity of Kapalong through forest walks, river cruises, and camping.
- Agriculture and Farming: Kapalong’s fertile lands and favorable climate make it an ideal location for agriculture. The municipality is known for its vast agricultural plantations, particularly in banana and coconut production. Visitors can engage in agri-tourism activities, such as farm tours, fruit picking, and learning about sustainable farming practices, providing a deeper understanding of the local economy and agricultural practices.
- Warm and Hospitable Community: Kapalong is known for the warmth and hospitality of its residents. The locals are welcoming and friendly, eager to share their stories, traditions, and local delicacies. Interacting with the community offers a genuine cultural experience, fostering connections and creating lasting memories.
- Accessibility and Infrastructure: Kapalong is accessible via well-developed road networks, connecting it to nearby cities and towns. The municipality has improved its infrastructure, including accommodations, public facilities, and transportation services, making it convenient for visitors to explore and enjoy their stay.
Kapalong is a destination that offers a harmonious blend of natural wonders, cultural heritage, and the warmth of its people. Whether you’re seeking adventure in the great outdoors, immersing in local culture, or simply enjoying the tranquility of the countryside, Kapalong provides a memorable and enriching experience for all who visit.
Kapalong is divided into 14 barangays, namely:
- Maniki (Poblacion)
Maria Theresa R. Timbol
Edgardo L. Timbol
Municipal Council Members
- Thacher C. Jara
- Joevin P. Doriman
- Eduardo A. Domat-ol
- Edilberto C. Febria Sr.
- Baltazar R. Solis Jr.
- Jonathan P. Pineda Sr.
- Robert T. Caminero
- Romel J. Beldua
- Arturo M. Davao
- Jay L. Solano
- Kapalong Woodland Resort Permaculture
- Pag-asa Farm
- Suaon Nature Park
- Tagtugonan Falls
- Matol Falls
PRIVATE BUSINESS AND PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS
(084) 807 0004