The Mitsubishi Xpander is a compact MPV (Multi-Purpose Vehicle) manufactured by Mitsubishi Motors, a Japanese automotive company. It was first introduced in Indonesia in August 2017 and has since become one of Mitsubishi’s popular models, especially in the Southeast Asian market. The Xpander is designed to accommodate multiple passengers and offers a balance between practicality, space, and affordability.
Key features of the Mitsubishi Xpander:
- Design: The Xpander has a distinctive and modern design, with sharp lines and a bold front grille that reflects Mitsubishi’s dynamic shield design language. It has a spacious cabin and a tall roofline to provide ample headroom for passengers.
- Seating Capacity: The Xpander is typically available in two seating configurations: a standard seven-seater version and a more luxurious six-seater version, with captain seats in the second row. This flexibility caters to different customer preferences.
- Engine and Performance: The Mitsubishi Xpander is powered by a fuel-efficient 1.5-liter gasoline engine, providing adequate power for city driving and highway cruising. The engine is often mated to a manual or automatic transmission, depending on the market and trim level.
- Interior and Features: Inside, the Xpander offers a well-equipped cabin with modern features, including a touchscreen infotainment system, air conditioning, power accessories, and various storage compartments. Higher trim levels may include additional convenience and safety features, such as automatic climate control, rearview camera, and advanced safety technologies.
- Safety: Mitsubishi has equipped the Xpander with safety features like anti-lock brakes (ABS), electronic brake-force distribution (EBD), and airbags. Some markets may also offer additional safety features like stability control and a traction control system.
- Market Focus: The Mitsubishi Xpander was primarily designed for markets in Southeast Asia, where the demand for practical and affordable people carriers is high. It has been well-received in countries like Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, and others.
The Mitsubishi Xpander’s popularity stems from its combination of practicality, affordability, and stylish design, making it a competitive choice in the compact MPV segment.
For details, do any of the following: