Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) has a regional office for Region XI (Davao Region) located at the Barangay Canocotan, Tagum City, Davao Del Norte.
The Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) is a government agency in the Philippines responsible for the planning, design, construction, maintenance, and management of the country’s infrastructure, particularly public works projects and highways. The DPWH plays a crucial role in developing and maintaining the transportation and infrastructure systems that support the nation’s economic growth and improve the quality of life for its citizens.
Here are some key points about the Department of Public Works and Highways:
- Infrastructure Development: The DPWH is primarily focused on the development of various infrastructure projects, including roads, bridges, highways, flood control systems, water supply and sanitation facilities, public buildings, airports, and ports. These projects aim to enhance transportation, promote connectivity, and improve the overall infrastructure network of the country.
- Planning and Design: The DPWH is involved in the planning and design phases of infrastructure projects. It conducts feasibility studies, engineering surveys, and project evaluations to ensure that infrastructure initiatives are well-designed, technically sound, and aligned with the needs of the communities they serve.
- Construction and Implementation: The DPWH is responsible for the actual construction and implementation of public works projects. It oversees the bidding and procurement process, contract management, project supervision, and quality control to ensure that construction activities adhere to engineering standards, regulations, and timelines.
- Maintenance and Rehabilitation: The DPWH is also tasked with the maintenance and rehabilitation of existing infrastructure assets. This includes regular maintenance activities, repairs, and upgrades to ensure the safety, functionality, and longevity of roads, bridges, and other infrastructure facilities.
- Disaster Response and Resilience: The DPWH plays a vital role in disaster response and resilience efforts. It is involved in the construction of disaster-resilient infrastructure, such as flood control systems and resilient bridges, to mitigate the impact of natural disasters and ensure the safety of communities.
- Collaboration and Partnerships: The DPWH collaborates with various stakeholders, including local government units, other government agencies, private contractors, and international organizations, to execute infrastructure projects effectively. It also engages with the public through consultations and information dissemination to promote transparency and gather feedback on infrastructure initiatives.
- Policy Formulation: The DPWH contributes to policy formulation and development related to infrastructure and public works. It provides technical expertise, data, and recommendations to support policy-making processes and ensure that infrastructure development aligns with national development goals and priorities.
The Department of Public Works and Highways plays a critical role in the development and maintenance of the Philippines’ infrastructure. Through its various activities, the DPWH aims to improve connectivity, enhance transportation systems, and support the socio-economic growth of the country.
PRODUCTS & SERVICES
- Roads and Highways
- Alternate or Bypass or Diversion Road
- Road Widening
- Access Roads
- Road Concreting
- Circumferential Roads
- Slab Replacement
- Government Buildings
- Flyovers and Skyway
- Right Of Way (ROW)
- Creek Rehabilitation
- River Flood Control
- Carriageway Improvement (Sidewalk, Curb, and Gutter)
- Government Facilities Construction and Repairs
KM 48, Barangay Canocotan, Tagum City, Davao Del Norte
- (084) 400 3678