The Barangay Anti-Drug Abuse Council (BADAC) is a local council established in every barangay (the smallest administrative division) in the Philippines. It is mandated by the Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB) under Republic Act No. 9165, also known as the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002. The primary objective of BADAC is to coordinate and implement anti-drug abuse programs and initiatives at the barangay level.
Here are some key points about the Barangay Anti-Drug Abuse Council (BADAC):
- Composition: The BADAC is composed of barangay officials, representatives from local government units, the Philippine National Police (PNP), the Department of Health (DOH), the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG), representatives from non-governmental organizations (NGOs), faith-based organizations, and other community stakeholders.
- Roles and Responsibilities: The BADAC is responsible for formulating and implementing local anti-drug abuse policies, plans, and programs. It coordinates efforts within the barangay to prevent drug abuse, conduct drug clearing operations, facilitate drug rehabilitation and recovery, and support law enforcement agencies in anti-drug operations.
- Prevention and Education: The BADAC focuses on prevention and education programs aimed at raising awareness about the dangers of drug abuse and promoting drug-free communities. It conducts information campaigns, seminars, workshops, and community dialogues to educate barangay residents, particularly the youth, about the harmful effects of drugs and the importance of living drug-free.
- Rehabilitation and Recovery: The BADAC collaborates with relevant agencies and organizations to facilitate drug rehabilitation and recovery programs for drug dependents in the barangay. It supports access to treatment services, counseling, and rehabilitation facilities to aid drug users in their recovery journey.
- Coordination and Collaboration: The BADAC works closely with law enforcement agencies, health organizations, educational institutions, and other stakeholders to ensure a holistic and multi-sectoral approach in combating drug abuse. It coordinates efforts, shares information, and establishes partnerships to address drug-related issues effectively.
- Reporting and Monitoring: The BADAC monitors and reports drug-related activities and incidents within the barangay. It collaborates with the PNP and other law enforcement agencies in gathering information, intelligence, and evidence for anti-drug operations.
The Barangay Anti-Drug Abuse Council (BADAC) plays a crucial role in the local implementation of anti-drug abuse efforts in the Philippines. By mobilizing local resources, promoting community involvement, and coordinating activities, it contributes to the prevention and control of drug abuse at the grassroots level.
For details, do any of the following: