A mosque is a place of worship for Muslims. It is a building where Muslims gather for congregational prayers, especially the Friday prayer (Jummah). The Arabic word for mosque is “masjid” which means a place of prostration.
Mosques are also used for other religious and social activities such as Islamic education, Quranic studies, weddings, and funerals. Mosques vary in architectural styles and design, depending on the cultural and regional influences.
However, most mosques have common features such as a prayer hall, a minaret, and a courtyard.
There are several mosques or masjids located in Tagum City, Philippines. Here are some of them:
- Masjid Al-Bashir – located in Brgy. Canocotan, Tagum City.
- Masjid Al-Rahman – located in Brgy. Canocotan, Tagum City.
- Masjid Al-Hikmah – located in Brgy. Magdum, Tagum City.
- Masjid Al-Faruq – located in Brgy. Visayan Village, Tagum City.
- Masjid Imam Bukhari – located in Brgy. Magugpo Poblacion, Tagum City.
Please note that this list may not be exhaustive, and there may be other mosques in Tagum City that are not included. You may also want to confirm the exact locations and prayer times with the respective masjid authorities before visiting.