Phnom Penh is the capital city of Cambodia, located in Southeast Asia, while Tagum City is a city in the province of Davao del Norte in the Philippines, located in Southeast Asia as well.
ABOUT PHNOM PENH
Phnom Penh is the capital city of Cambodia and is known for its rich history, culture, and architecture. Here are some of the things Phnom Penh is known for:
- Royal Palace: The Royal Palace is a grand complex of buildings that serves as the residence of the King of Cambodia. The palace features beautiful architecture and stunning gardens.
- Killing Fields: The Killing Fields of Choeung Ek is a tragic reminder of Cambodia’s past. It is a memorial site that commemorates the atrocities committed by the Khmer Rouge regime during the late 1970s.
- National Museum: The National Museum of Cambodia is an important cultural institution that showcases the country’s rich history and art. It houses a vast collection of Khmer sculptures, ceramics, and bronzes.
- Wat Phnom: Wat Phnom is a Buddhist temple that is situated on a hill in the center of Phnom Penh. It is a popular tourist attraction and a significant religious site for the Cambodian people.
- Food: Phnom Penh is known for its delicious food, including Khmer cuisine, French-influenced dishes, and street food. Some of the must-try dishes include Amok, a coconut-based curry, and Nom Banh Chok, a popular breakfast dish made of rice noodles.
- Riverside: The riverside area of Phnom Penh is a bustling hub of activity, with numerous cafes, restaurants, and bars. It’s a great place to relax and take in the city’s vibrant atmosphere.
Overall, Phnom Penh is a city with a fascinating history and culture, and there is plenty to see and do for visitors.
There is no direct flight from Phnom Penh to Tagum City, so the best way to get there is to take a connecting flight from Manila or Cebu, which are major international airports in the Philippines.
Here are the steps you can take to travel from Phnom Penh to Tagum City:
- Book a flight from Phnom Penh International Airport (PNH) to Manila Ninoy Aquino International Airport (MNL) or Cebu Mactan-Cebu International Airport (CEB). You can check airline websites such as Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, or AirAsia for available flights and schedules.
- Once you arrive in Manila or Cebu, transfer to another flight to Davao City International Airport (DVO). There are several airlines that operate flights from Manila or Cebu to Davao City, including Philippine Airlines, Cebu Pacific, and AirAsia.
- From Davao City International Airport, take a taxi or private car to Tagum City. The travel time is approximately 1-2 hours depending on the traffic.
Alternatively, you can also take a bus from Davao City to Tagum City, which takes around 1-2 hours as well. The bus terminal is located in Ecoland, Davao City, and there are several bus companies that operate daily trips to Tagum City.
To travel from Phnom Penh to Tagum City via Singapore, you can follow these steps:
- Book a flight from Phnom Penh International Airport (PNH) to Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) using a travel booking website or directly from an airline. Several airlines such as SilkAir, Jetstar, and Singapore Airlines offer direct flights from Phnom Penh to Singapore. The flight duration is around 2-3 hours.
- Upon arrival at Singapore Changi Airport, clear immigration and customs and proceed to transfer to your next flight to Davao City International Airport (DVO) in the Philippines. Several airlines such as SilkAir, Philippine Airlines, and Scoot offer direct flights from Singapore to Davao City. The flight duration is around 3-4 hours.
- Once you arrive in Davao City, take a taxi or private car to Tagum City. The travel time is approximately 1-2 hours depending on traffic. Alternatively, you can take a bus from Davao City to Tagum City, which takes around 1-2 hours as well.
Make sure to check the latest travel restrictions and requirements due to the COVID-19 pandemic before planning your trip.