The Municipality of Malita is a local government unit located in the province of Davao Occidental, Philippines. Malita serves as the administrative and political center of the province. It is situated in the southern part of Mindanao and is known for its coastal areas and agricultural resources.
As a municipality, Malita has its own local government structure, headed by a mayor and other local officials. The local government is responsible for providing essential services and implementing programs that promote the welfare and development of the community.
Some of the services and responsibilities that the Municipality of Malita typically handles include:
- Governance and Administration: The local government manages the day-to-day affairs of the municipality, including implementing policies and regulations, delivering public services, and maintaining public order.
- Public Infrastructure: The municipality oversees the construction, maintenance, and improvement of public infrastructure such as roads, bridges, water supply systems, and public buildings.
- Health and Social Services: The local government provides access to healthcare services, maintains health centers, and implements programs related to public health and social welfare.
- Education: The municipality ensures the provision of quality education by managing public schools and supporting educational programs and initiatives.
- Agriculture and Rural Development: Malita, being an agricultural area, supports the development of the agricultural sector by implementing programs, providing support to farmers, and promoting sustainable agricultural practices.
- Tourism and Economic Development: The municipality may promote tourism initiatives to showcase its natural attractions and cultural heritage. It may also implement economic development programs to attract investments and generate employment opportunities.
Malita is divided into 30 barangays, namely:
- Datu Danwata
- Fishing Village
- Little Baguio
- Manuel Peralta
- New Argao
Bradly L. Bautista
Estefanie B. Dumama