Direct To Film (DTF) / PET Film Printing process is a new way of printing custom designs on plain t-shirt.
To do the PET Film Printing process, do the following:
- Shake the printer ink tank for 10 seconds.
- Print your design on the film by opening your design software then adjust the size, MIRROR the image and adjust the printer settings before printing.
- Powder the hotmelt powder.
- Melt the powder using your heat press machine. Standard settings: 160 degrees for 2 minutes.
- Perform a pre-press on the plain t-shirt.
- Press the film with the design on the plain t-shirt. Standard settings: 160 degrees for 15 seconds.
- Wait for the temperature to go down after press and do a cold peel.
- Do the curing process by doing a press. Standard settings: 160 degrees for 10 seconds.
- Laborious / Tedious Process
- Slow Processing Time. Each print will take about 10-20 minutes
- Too many drying time
- Printer Maintenance. The printer needs more effort to maintain compared to other printing process. The DTF powder can damage the print head and the ink can clog the printer ink hose
- Wastage. Too many printing materials wasted
- White Ink. The white ink results may not be of good quality
You may also try learning how to convert Epson L1800 as a DTF printer.
For details, do any of the following: