Campaign streamer guidelines approved by the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) in the Philippines can change with each election cycle, so it’s important for candidates and political parties to check with COMELEC for the most up-to-date regulations.
- Size and Dimensions: COMELEC usually specifies the allowed dimensions for campaign streamers, including the maximum length and width. Streamers should conform to these size limits.
- Location Restrictions: Streamers should be placed only in designated common poster areas or locations approved by COMELEC. Unauthorized placement in public and private properties can result in violations.
- Materials Used: It should be made of durable and weather-resistant materials to ensure they withstand outdoor conditions.
- Content: Streamers should include the candidate’s name, position sought, and party affiliation (if applicable). The content should be clear and legible. Offensive or inappropriate content is not allowed.
- Dates of Posting: COMELEC typically specifies the dates when campaign materials, including streamers, can be displayed. It’s important to adhere to these dates and remove streamers promptly after the election.
- Spacing: There may be regulations regarding the spacing between campaign streamers, both in terms of horizontal and vertical distance, to avoid clutter and ensure visibility.
- Prohibited Locations: It is usually not allowed in certain locations, including government offices, public utility vehicles, and infrastructure like bridges, schools, and hospitals.
- Maintenance: Candidates and their supporters are often responsible for the maintenance of their streamers, including cleaning, repairs, and removal after the election.
- Size of Letters and Graphics: Guidelines may specify the minimum size for letters and graphics on campaign streamers to ensure readability.
- Identification: The person or entity responsible for the streamer (such as the candidate, party, or supporter group) should be identified on the streamer.
- Liability for Violations: Candidates and political parties are typically held responsible for violations related to campaign streamers, including penalties for non-compliance.
- Budget Considerations: Keep your budget in mind when designing and producing campaign streamers. Balancing quality and quantity is essential.
For details, do any of the following: