Rotary Players Volleyball Association (RPVA) is a dedicated organization that brings together volleyball enthusiasts and players under the umbrella of the Rotary Club. The RPVA focuses on promoting the sport…
Volleyball is a popular team sport played by two teams on a rectangular court divided by a net. The objective of the game is to score points by grounding the ball on the opponent’s side of the court while preventing them from doing the same. Volleyball is known for its fast-paced and dynamic nature, requiring quick reflexes, agility, and teamwork.
Here are some key points about volleyball:
- Court: A volleyball court is 18 meters long and 9 meters wide, divided into two equal halves by a net. The height of the net is 2.43 meters for men and 2.24 meters for women.
- Teams: Each team consists of six players on the court, with additional players available as substitutes. The players are usually assigned specific positions, including three front-row players and three back-row players.
- Gameplay: The game begins with a serve, where one player hits the ball over the net to the opposing team. The receiving team must then pass the ball to set up an attack, aiming to spike the ball into the opponent’s court. The rally continues until the ball hits the ground, goes out of bounds, or a team fails to return it within three contacts.
- Scoring: Points are awarded to the serving team when they win a rally. A point is scored when the ball touches the opponent’s court or when the opposing team commits a fault. The first team to reach 25 points (with a two-point advantage) wins a set, and matches are typically played in a best-of-five sets format.
- Skills and Techniques: Volleyball involves various skills such as serving, passing, setting, attacking, blocking, and digging. Each player has specific responsibilities based on their position, but all players need to be proficient in multiple skills.
- Libero: In volleyball, there is a specialized defensive player called the libero. The libero wears a different colored jersey and has certain restrictions, such as not being allowed to serve, spike, or rotate into the front row.
- Variations: Beach volleyball is a popular variation of the sport, played on sand with teams of two players. Sitting volleyball is another variant designed for individuals with disabilities, where the players are seated on the court.
Volleyball is played at various levels, from recreational leagues and school teams to professional and international competitions. The sport has its own set of rules and regulations, governed by organizations such as the Fédération Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB) at the international level.
The Premier Volleyball League (PVL), led and managed by Sports Vision Management Group Inc., is the premier professional volleyball tournament in the Philippines, catering specifically to women's volleyball. Renowned for…
In 2023, our company is proud to offer custom volleyball jersey design and production services in Tagum City, Panabo City, Davao City, Mati City, Bislig City, and other cities throughout…
Introducing the ultimate volleyball trophy that represents victory and excellence in the sport. This trophy is a stunning symbol of teamwork, athleticism, and success. When you look at this trophy,…