The process of renewing a driver’s license in Tagum City and across the country has changed over the years. The changes made it easier and faster for anyone to transact with the Land Transportation Office (LTO).
DO NOT fall into a trap of using services from FIXERS around the LTO office as this is against the law and will cost you so much compared to the amount spent when you process the renewal yourself. I overheard fixers charge between 3,500 to 6,000 pesos for a transaction that is worth only below 1,000 pesos and less than 2 hours to process.
- Completed Application Form
- Medical Certificate
- Copy of the Online Validation Exam (OVE). Proceed to the driver’s license renewal process for details.
- Funds for the Transaction Fee
- 585 Pesos (LTO renewal)
- 400 Pesos (Medical Certificate)
- Photocopy: 6-10 pesos per page
DRIVER’S LICENSE RENEWAL PROCESS
Here’s a quick summary of the procedure:
- Register at the Land Transportation Management System (LTMS) Portal at https://portal.lto.gov.ph
- If you do not have an account, click on Register and provide the required information such as your driver’s license number, email address, and other personal information.
- Once registered on the portal, take the Comprehensive Driver’s Education (CDE) Online Validation Exam (OVE). You only need to have a score of at least 13 out of 25 questions to pass the exam and there is no time limit. If you are not sure what the answers are, you can take the FREE training at the E-Learning tab of the LTO portal.
- Print your Online Validation Exam results.
- Get a medical certificate from any LTO-accredited clinic. You will get a quick eye exam and hearing test.
- Proceed to the LTO Driver’s License Renewal Center with the requirements.
- Provide your requirements to the guard on duty and he will guide you through the process.
- Once done, you will get your driver’s license on the same day with a 5-10 years validity.