Campaign sticker guidelines approved by the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) in the Philippines can change with each election cycle, so it’s important for candidates and political parties to check with COMELEC for the most up-to-date regulations.
- Size and Dimensions: COMELEC usually specifies the allowed dimensions for campaign stickers, including the maximum size. Stickers should conform to these size limits.
- Content: Stickers should include the candidate’s name, position sought, and party affiliation (if applicable). The content should be clear and legible. Offensive or inappropriate content is not allowed.
- Location Restrictions: Stickers are often allowed to be distributed to supporters for personal use, such as on vehicles, personal belongings, or clothing. However, COMELEC may specify restrictions on where stickers can be placed to prevent littering or defacement of public spaces.
- Dates of Distribution: COMELEC may specify the dates when campaign materials, including stickers, can be distributed. Ensure that stickers are distributed only during the allowed period.
- Prohibited Locations: Stickers should not be placed in prohibited locations, such as government buildings, schools, hospitals, or other public infrastructure.
- Materials Used: Campaign stickers should be made of durable materials that can withstand outdoor conditions, as they may be attached to vehicles or exposed to weather.
- Identification: The person or entity responsible for the sticker (such as the candidate, party, or supporter group) should be identified on the sticker.
- Liability for Violations: Candidates and political parties are typically held responsible for violations related to campaign stickers, including penalties for non-compliance.
- Budget Considerations: Keep your budget in mind when designing and producing campaign stickers. Balancing quality and quantity is essential.
- Distribution Plan: Develop a plan for distributing stickers to supporters. Consider using them as giveaways at campaign events or providing them to volunteers for distribution.
- Environmental Considerations: Encourage supporters to place stickers responsibly and avoid littering. Consider using eco-friendly materials for the stickers.
For details, do any of the following: