You are currently viewing PWD ID – Tagum City

PWD ID – Tagum City

  • Post author:
  • Post category:ID
  • Post comments:0 Comments

The PWD ID is like the official ID for people with disabilities (PWDs) in the Philippines. You can get it from the Persons with Disability Affairs Office or the Social Welfare and Development Office in your city or town. With this ID, you can get discounts and other perks as required by law. It lasts for five years, according to Administrative Order No. 001, Series of 2021, from the National Council on Disability Affairs.


Getting your first PWD ID doesn’t cost anything. But if you need to renew it because it expired, got damaged, or you lost it, there’s a small fee you’ll have to pay.


Any Filipino with a lasting disability can apply for a PWD ID. According to Republic Act 10754, disabilities include things like ongoing physical, mental, or sensory challenges that make it hard to fully take part in society.

The Department of Health (DOH) says these types of disabilities qualify for a PWD ID:

  1. Psychosocial disability: This includes conditions like bipolar disorder, depression, ADHD, schizophrenia, epilepsy, and other long-lasting mental or behavioral issues.
  2. Disability due to a chronic illness: This covers disabilities caused by long-term illnesses like cancer or blindness from diabetes.
  3. Learning disability: It includes problems that make it tough to learn basic skills like math or reading.
  4. Visual disability: Just having weak eyesight doesn’t mean you qualify. You need a doctor’s note saying your eyesight can’t be fixed and limits your abilities.
  5. Orthopedic (Musculoskeletal) disability: This includes conditions like dwarfism, amputations, or scoliosis.
  6. Mental/Intellectual disability
  7. Hearing disability
  8. Speech impairment
  9. Multiple disabilities


  1. Get ready with the necessary PWD ID documents.
  2. Fill out the PWD ID application form, which can be obtained from any of the following sources:
    • National Council on Disability Affairs (NCDA) or its regional offices
    • Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) offices
    • Participating organizations with memorandums of agreement with the DOH
    • Office of the Mayor
    • Office of the Barangay Captain
    • Download the PWD ID application form from the DOH website
    • Utilize the DOH Online Registration System
  3. You will need two recent 1×1 ID photos, with your name and signature or thumbprints on the back. Note that certain city/municipal halls may request two 2×2 ID pictures instead.
  4. You can present either a Barangay clearance, a voter’s ID, or any currently valid government-issued ID.
  5. Provide the most recent school assessment, medical certificate, or disability certificate confirming your disability status, issued by a licensed private or government clinic or a medical professional based in a hospital.
  6. Submit these documents to the relevant office from the list below:
    • Persons with Disability Affairs Office (PDAO) at the city hall or municipal hall in your place of residence.
    • City/Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office.
    • City or Municipal Health Office or their satellite offices.
    • Office of the Mayor.
    • Office of the Barangay Captain.
    • In urgent cases, you can also approach the NCDA office.
  7. The subsequent step involves the input of your personal details. In case you have sensitive medical information, a designated officer will conduct a confidential interview with you.
  8. Claim your PWD ID card along with the accompanying purchase booklet, which you will need whenever you wish to access PWD benefits.

Leave a Reply