The Municipality of Banaybanay is a local government unit located in the province of Davao Oriental, Philippines. It is situated in the southeastern part of Mindanao island.
Here is some information about the Municipality of Banaybanay:
- Location: Banaybanay is bordered by the municipalities of Lupon and San Isidro to the north, the municipality of Mati to the east, the municipalities of Caraga and Manay to the south, and the Davao Gulf to the west.
- Government: The Municipality of Banaybanay has its own local government headed by a mayor and other elected officials. The municipal government is responsible for providing basic public services, maintaining local infrastructure, implementing local ordinances, and promoting the welfare of its residents.
- Economy: The economy of Banaybanay is primarily based on agriculture and fishing. The municipality has fertile agricultural lands that are used for the cultivation of various crops such as rice, corn, vegetables, and fruits. Fishing is also an important economic activity due to its coastal location along the Davao Gulf.
- Natural Resources: Banaybanay is known for its natural beauty and rich biodiversity. It is home to several protected areas, including the Mount Hamiguitan Range Wildlife Sanctuary, a UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its unique pygmy forest and endangered species. The municipality also has beautiful beaches and scenic landscapes.
- Tourism: The natural attractions of Banaybanay make it a potential destination for eco-tourism. Tourists can explore the Mount Hamiguitan Range Wildlife Sanctuary, go hiking, camping, bird watching, and enjoy the beaches in the area. The municipality aims to promote sustainable tourism and preserve its natural resources.
- Festivals: Banaybanay celebrates its annual town fiesta on June 13, in honor of its patron saint, Saint Anthony of Padua. The fiesta features various cultural and religious activities, street dancing, sports events, and trade fairs.
- Infrastructure: The municipality has basic infrastructure such as schools, health centers, municipal buildings, and roads to facilitate the delivery of public services and connect its communities.
- Punta Linao
- Piso Proper
- San Vicente
Adalia Caballero Lopez Tambuang
Jose Amor C. Bagayas
2nd District Representative
Jose Amor C. Bagayas
- Liezel S. Teves
- Rabsalon M. Lamaran
- Eva Arni P. Impuerto
- Amelito T. Cordova
- Mumar M. Mamukid
- Niño G. Conson
- Ellen Rose P. Banquisio
- Renante Y. Madelo
- Mount Dinagsaan Peak
- Bonhomie Leisure & Resort
- Burias Islet
- Piso Point
- Pintatagan River
- Maputi River
- Lamaran Mosque
PRIVATE BUSINESS AND PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS
- Banaybanay Pilot Madrasah, Inc.